Thursday 31 May 2012

A day on Skomer Island

The easiest bird to photograph on the island is the puffin - as long as you are not trying to photograph it in flight. Then it becomes the most difficult - I did not manage one decent flight shot of a puffin on this occasion:




All taken with my Canon 400mm f5.6  lens - the 500 with tripod was too heavy to carry all day. ISO1000 f8 @ 1/2500sec.

The other 'easy' birds are the razorbills & guillemots just off the landing stage at Skomer:



The one flight image I managed was of a curlew:


The image below of a pair of swallows was taken at Martin's Haven - the road leading down to the slipway for the boat to Skomer:


 After our day in Skomer we called back in Marloes Mere to see if we could find the Glossy Ibis but all I managed was this image of a House Sparrow:


The more I look at it the more I think that I should crop off part of the left side of the image and give more space on the right - so that the sparrow is looking in on the image not out! It is cropped so I do have the image on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment