Tuesday 7 June 2011

Skokholm Island - day 1

My main target for the week is good flight shots of puffin. The more photographs I take of them the more I realise how difficult it is to get a really good shot of a puffin in flight. The slightly easier option is to get them when landing. Like this one - taken off Crab Bay:


Taken with my Canon 500mm lens, ISO 1000 f8 @ 1/5000sec.


While waiting for the next lot of puffin to land I saw this (male) wheatear collecting food:


Taken with the same kit, ISO1000 f8 @ 1/4000sec.

I then had a quick look down at The Neck to see if the guillemot and razorbill were around. The cliff face was in the shadow at the time that I went down there so I only took this photograph of a pair of razorbill:


Taken again with the same kit ISO1000 f8 @ 1/3200sec.

On the way back I stopped off at the hide near Well Pond and managed a few shots of this wren:


Taken with the same kit ISO1000 f8 @ 1/2000sec.

Very lucky with the weather - took about 900 images - reduced to about 450 when the rubbish is removed, so a very good start to our stay on Skokholm Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment