Sunday 25 April 2010

Photographs taken on Wed. 31st. March and Thursday 1st. April

We spent most of both days at our favourite reserve at Cley Next the Sea. One of target birds for visiting Norfolk was the Avocet. Here the damp overcast weather helped me - taking photographs of black and white birds in strong sunlight is very difficult - exposure wise. This is one of the best ones I managed:


This was taken with my Canon 500mm lens with 1.4 converter, ISO1000 f8 @ 1/8000sec.

One of my other targets was to photograph birds in flight. I managed this one of a greylag goose:


This was taken with the same setup f8@ 1/4000sec.

Black tailed godwit in flight:


Same setup, f8@ 1/400sec.


And the most difficult one was to get a lapwing in flight:


Again same setup f8@ 1/6400sec.


No comments:

Post a Comment